About Us: Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for nearly 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College's fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland's most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
General Responsibilities: Responsible for conducting a comprehensive, high quality collegiate athletic program within the guidelines of all rules and policies established by Cecil College, its athletic department, the Maryland Junior College Athletic Conference, Region XX of the National Junior College Athletic Association, and the National Junior College Athletic Association itself. In accordance with the academic standards stated mission and goals of Cecil College and the department of Athletics.
Position: Part-time Head Women's Softball Coach
- Recruit student-athletes
- Coordinate daily practices
- Attendall home and away games
- Communicate with Athletic Department to monitor student-athlete academic progress
- Fundraising, including creating and implementing approved activities
Other Related Duties:
- Handles of related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree required
- Three years coaching experience at the collegiate level preferred, minimum head coach at the high school varsity level
- Evidence of a commitment to academic and athletic excellence, cultural diversity, and equity in sports
- Good communication and verbal skills
*We are committed to ensuring equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all hiring and employment practices. Cecil College will not discriminate against any individual by reason of race, color, sex, marital status, citizenship, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation or disability in the hiring or promotion of faculty and staff, or with conditions of employment, in accordance with and to the extent required by law.